Wednesday, January 23, 2008

You know your kids have watched too much TV when...


A couple of nights ago as I was tucking the kids in bed, we shared a sweet, and then hilarious moment. (They insist that it's NOT FUNNY. It's serious.) As I gave Bennett a kiss, he told me he was glad that I was his Mom. Awwwww... Owen echoed his sentiment, and I told them how much I love being their Mom too. The rest of the conversation went like this:

Bennett: "I'm so glad Dad is my Dad too, and that I have a family. It would be so sad if we didn't have our family, wouldn't it, Mom?"

Me: "It really would be sad."

Owen: "Yes, but if you don't have a family or anything, you can just push the button on Life Alert and someone will help you."

Me: "What?"

Owen: "It's called Life Alert, and you can push the button if you don't have any family around to help you and you need some help."

Me: Hysterical laughter.

Bennett and Owen: "Mom, stop laughing! It's true! It's real! We've seen the commercial!"

5 comments:

Sandra said...

OMGosh. I can't stop laughing. That is tooooooo funny. Okay, my kids are telling me to stop laughing now. LOL LOL LOL

Jami said...

Nothing like words from the "mouth of babes1" Definately one for the books!

Unknown said...

The only thing better than reading your report would be being there, trying to keep a straight face!

And what fun to see your slide shows. Keep experimenting Brooke--they're great. Your family is making wonderful memories!

Jeff and Rose said...

I would have had to leave the room. I wouldn't have even been able to keep it together for them to maintain a little bit of respect. These are the kind of statements that knock the wind so far out of you that it takes you a week to really contemplate what they think is reality.

P.S. Could we have lunch next week? I have to give a fireside on marriage and education (it's a long story). Yeah, seriously I could use some stuff that won't make the kids cry. Oh, and I forgot to mention that my favorite line from "Each little..." is
Tuner-fish sandwich. Which I am totally adopting into my already hick vocab. a perfect fit.

Julie said...

Owen is officially the funniest kid I know. Congratulations on not peeing your pants with laughter in front of your kids.