Monday, May 4, 2009

Basic Printmaking

 
Posted by Picasa
Monday is art day at our house.  I teach a couple of kids from the neighborhood, along with my own ruffians.  Today's project was stunning!  And very hectic with too many kids...  Jacob was a little too involved in the process.  But looking back of course I'm glad he was! 
 This project involves drawing on flat styrofoam meat trays with a ballpoint pen, then rolling ink over your design, and then transferring it onto paper.  We made cards today, and the kids can't wait to try more printmaking methods next week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love it! Keep posting your fun art ideas with the kids so I can steal them!

Sandra said...

I think my kids did this with you once long ago. They loved it so much and kept those little cards forever. They really were beautiful. You're amazing.