Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good-bye, Grr Grr.

On September 21, Jason's beautiful, sassy, wonderful grandmother (Grr) passed away.  She had been in poor health, and stuck in bed for months, so it was a blessing that she was able to go, quietly and in her sleep with her son, Kent by her side.  Oh, how she will be missed.  Her beautiful house, full of collections of all kinds, freezer full of Dibs, pantry full of Coke products.  She was sharp as a tack, and seriously spunky.  I feel so grateful that she was able to meet our little Harper Katherine, and that we were able to see her in July.  Bessie will be so greatly missed.  Love you, Grr.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for you Brooke, though it sounds like Grrr (love that!) is free! Ok, Dibbs are awesome and that's the kind of grandma I want to be - freezer full of goodies!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful photo, though, capturing the the LoLambert kids and their Gramma. I don't have DIBS--guess I'll have to get some--but I do have those other M&M thingies in one of Grr's hen bowls, though.