Saturday, March 23, 2013

Moments.

I have been working to catch up on my blog, and I am so far behind.  I feel really bad about this, because I am also forgetting everything at such a rapid rate these days.  The other day I uploaded the photos on my phone to the computer.  It got me looking at old pictures of Harper.  I can't even recognize her in the photos, she has changed so much.  I sat and looked at one picture in particular and thought, I can't even remember this.  At all.  It made me cry!  All of them are growing up, too, too fast.  This is the first time I've had an almost-3-year-old with no baby following along behind.  It is so strange.  Nice, but also heartbreaking.  I'm so blessed with the children I have.  I really just need to savor every second, because they just fly by.

Today we had a good day, with the exception of an honest-to-goodness fistfight between Jake and Owen.  Holy smokes, those boys were mad.  But the funny thing is what they were mad about: a cute little stuffed mouse, who they both claimed as their own to go in the new sleeping bags they had just hand-sewn with me.  Seriously.

I made a conscious effort today to stay off my phone, worry less about the house, and sit down with every kid and play.  I feel like I did the most important work today!  We played Sequence, and I taught them the basics of Monopoly.  We sewed.  We went to a garden center and planted Easter baskets full of grass seeds.  (Easter is next week!) We went out to lunch and I visited with Owen while the littles played on the little playground.  I helped Harper fix her Little Critters house and clean up her room with her.  I even exercised.  Harper loves to try to do sit-ups and whatnot with me.  She mostly just laughs hysterically at me.  I stopped by a baby shower and was so glad I did, because there were only 2 other girls there.  I felt so bad!  :(  I snuggled in bed with Finn, stayed up late talking to Bennett about his day at Beaver Mountain with Sequoia, and tried to tidy up the house a little since Jason is coming home tomorrow. (YAY!)

This was NOT a typical day for me, and  I need more of these days!  Life gets so completely insane, and I don't know when another day like this will come, so I am grateful there was today.  I LOVE my job as mom of the most amazing kids I know.  Bennett, Owen, Jake, Finn, and Harper.  My loves.

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

I love catching up on your thoughts and adventures.

You are one of the best moms (and people) I know. In the world.