Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hello, again, hello.









Hi, everyone. I'm excited to be returning to blogland after a short hiatus. Our lives have been filled with the usual chaos and fun since our return from a beautiful week with family in Bellingham. Add in few high-stress church-related activities, and I've just been "off-line" for awhile. Now that Halloween is over, though, I feel some time to breathe a sigh of relief. Just in time for... the holidays.

Here are some shots of the young Jedi masters on Halloween. I'm happy to say that their costumes got finished on time (barely), with the exception of their boot covers, which are still sitting downstairs by my sewing machine. Maybe they'll want to be Jedi knights again next year. Yeah, right! Thanks to Jennifer for making the Yoda costume for her son, Luke last year. It was a little big on Jake, but soooooooooooo cute.

We had our annual homemade rootbeer fest and donut-fry on Monday with Jason's brothers who were in town, along with a couple of neighborhood families. It was so much fun, and I think the last of the deep-fried scent has finally dissipated. Phew.

I will post some pictures of our trip to Washington if I can ever remember to get them off Jason's computer. Again, thanks to everyone who helped out so much while we were gone, and for the kind wishes towards Jason. It was all so appreciated.

6 comments:

Jami said...

I was just getting on your blog to make sure everything was okay. I have been checking daily (pathetic, I know) for an update on your cute little family. I'm glad your back!

Julie said...

I forgot to tell you how cute Jakey was on Halloween. I was laughing so hard when I first saw him, I got a little gut ache (maybe it was the multitude of candy that came before the laughter.) The other boys were cute too, but Jakers? He took the prize for cutest of all.

Brittney said...

ahhh! love it. the force is strong with this one, that's for sure. *one gold star for cute jedi-themed family of the year awarded to the lamberts*

Sandra said...

Brooke, please tell me you were Princess Leia. It would just make the whole thing so . . . perfectly complete.

Brooke said...

Jason wanted me to attach big old sweet rolls to the sides of my head... It would have been great, but I barely got them ready for the event, let alone me. Jason was, of course, going to be Darth Vader, but again, no time! Nuts.

Andrea said...

*love* the costumes. and who would have ever known about the boot covers if you hadn't told? :)