Friday, November 23, 2007

A new traditiooooon, tradition!







We had the greatest day today! Mom and Dad (and Jack) came up with Jaime and Tyler (and Porter), and we all went out into the woods to find and chop down our very own Christmas trees! Yes, we did obtain a permit to do so, and yes, our tree is a little scraggly and not the usual full wonder that I love. But we had such a great time, surely this will be a new tradition. Here are some photos of the event. The boys didn't care too much about the tree; they cared more about the "ice-skating," exploring, and the sweet rolls. It was SO COLD! But you'll notice Owen wearing nothing but a t-shirt. Brrrr. Really, we try to get him to bundle up, but he refuses. Please don't call DCFS.

We found our trees up above Willow Flat on the Cub River in Idaho, up a really steep road that the kids though we would surely slide off. It's always nice to have an occasion to really use the powers of our Landcruiser, and today was on of those occasions. Jason accidentally drove over a very deep frozen puddle/lake, and the Cruiser powered through the ice and mud with no problem. Phew! We drove home into the most beautiful sunset, and back to our house for a big chili fest.

So it was a wonderful day, and I will post pictures of our little tree after we get it decorated tomorrow. Get ready... Think Charlie Brown. :)

3 comments:

Jami said...

Wow - looks...cold! (I wish I could say "fun" but we did this the first few years of our marriage and I know how much WORK it is!) I love Owen in his tee-shirt. He and Hope would be a match made in heaven! Hey, that's two for two - why not set up Jake and Caymbree as well!

Julie said...

First of all I must say ix-nay to Jami. Sorry. The boys are spoken for, well two of them at least, unless my eventual 3rd child is a girl, then all three are MINE! (or my girls I guess.) Thanks for the offer with the tree permit. I'm just not ready yet to give up my full American perfect Noble, shaved to the correct shape & size. I'll bet I pay a lot more for mine than yours though. Owen cracks me up.

Mrs B said...

DANG that little Porter's a cute boy!