Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to DAD!



Dad celebrated his birthday by running 9 miles in the Freedom Run at Blacksmith Fork Canyon with Mom. He finished second in his age group! Way to go, Dad! After the race, they hopped on their bikes and rode from Hyrum to our house. They are so awesome. Seriously. They did all this while the rest of us ate pancakes at the all-you-can-eat Scout breakfast at the church. Yep.

After a shower and a little nap for Dad, we headed up Smithfield Canyon with Kate and the kids to picnic and play in the water. It was so much fun. All the kids (and Kate) ended up getting very wet, and very tired. It was beautiful there, and we were lucky enough to find the perfect campsite with a nice shallow area for the kids to splash in the river. Smithfield Canyon is sort of an undiscovered gem. We like it.

Later that night Jason made a fabulous dinner for everyone, including tasty steaks. Mom brought birthday pie rather than cake, which was perfect! Great idea! Is there anything better than spending time with family? Thanks for spending your day with us, Dad! We love you so much.

I don't have any photos here of my sis, Cami, but I should mention that she and I had the greatest time in the card aisle at Smith's Marketplace looking for cards for Dad. We were laughing so hard! Cami is fun to be with, and I don't get to see her enough!

Oh, I should mention another activity that Dad did on the day of his birthday celebration: cleaned out the clogged drain in our bathroom. I assisted, and it was truly disgusting. I won't post any photos, but just imagine pulling out a little wet, nasty hamster from the drain. That's what it looked like. Too much information? Well, I'm just trying to let you know how unselfish my Dad is. I am pretty sure I didn't clean out anyone's bathroom sink drain on MY birthday.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nice visual of the "hamster" as I eat my rice crispy breakfast. Oooooo..