Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Science Lesson


Bennett attended a fabulous summer camp this year through 4-H and USU Extension that was all about dinosaurs. He LOVED it. They did art projects, played games, etc. It was really heart-wrenching/warming to watch him shyly approach a group of kids and then join in whatever game they were playing while waiting for camp to start. It was such a good experience for him.
One day he brought home this excellent drawing of the earth's layers. I asked him, "Oh, did you learn about volcanoes and hot lava today at camp?" To which he replied, "No, Mom. We learned about earth's core, mantle and crust today." Oooooooh, okay. Sorry, Bennett. I sometimes underestimate my young Padawan.

1 comment:

camas said...

Do I sense a future geographer? Ben - lets get together and discuss plate tectonics one day, ok? I'm so proud of you!