Sunday, April 18, 2010

Marathon weekend!


The funny/sad thing is that I don't have a photo of Jason at the Salt Lake Marathon, which he ran on Saturday. That is because I was busy with a marathon weekend of my own here in Logan. I felt really bad not being able to watch him come across the finish line, but we had too many things going on. Sorry, babe. I'll be there next time. And I'm sure there will be a next time, because suddenly Jason is a running machine.

Soccer season is upon us, and with 2 kids playing, we are running around quite a bit. And you know, I really love it. It can be hectic, but it is time that we spend as a family, supporting each other, and the boys really love it.

Here we are on our way home from Bennett's first game last week. It snowed and hailed on us, and Finn's hands froze. But he would NOT let go of his skateboard.
I'll work on getting a better picture of Bennett playing. I was too bundled up to have the camera out much.
But for Owen's first game, the weather was spectacular. Here is Jason, who came by to watch the game during his bike ride.
Go, Owenator!
Maybe my favorite soccer picture ever: (Oh, and did I mention Owen scored 2 goals?! That is a huge deal for anyone who knows Owen.)
Here is another proud mama moment: Bennett's first piano recital. We love his amazing teacher, Launa Godfrey. He played The Chicken Dance and Skip to My Lou. I have to say I was every bit as nervous watching him as I ever was actually playing in a recital. I'm glad his first experience playing in front of a group was a good one. He was pretty stoked.
Grandpa Dean surprised us by coming up to watch Bennett's performance.
I had to post this hilarious picture of my prego belly. There is something weird going on with Bennett's shirt that just makes my tummy look totally, perfectly basketball-ish. It cracks me up and kinda grosses me out for some reason.
Next up: A birthday party for the aunties: Jaime and Cami. How I love my dears sisters.
Cami and Lincoln.
Sunday was a relaxing day... we went to Mack Park with the cousins to enjoy the beeeeautiful weather.
Kate, Clara and Lincoln:
Mr. Finnegan.
A very muscular Jake.
And that, my friends, is the update. No baby news, if that's what you were looking for. :) I'll keep you hanging for a few more days, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the soccer pics, way to go Owen - scoring the goals! Bennett did such a fabulous job at the piano recital, I could hardly stay in my seat during The Chicken Dance, well done!! I am so impressed with those kiddos, getting up in front of all those people...whew, I couldn't do it!

Jenni said...

It is clear to me why I missed you on Saturday. So sad to not have seen you. We are in North Ogden now. Renting a condo until the house sells in Cedar City. We must get together when things calm down for you. Good luck with the baby!!!!