Sunday, May 23, 2010

First Hike

Last week Jason was gone on his second work trip since Harper's birth, and we were all going a little bit crazy. So we decided to go on an adventure up the canyon. The boys wanted to explore somewhere they had never been. So off we went to the Jardine Juniper trail. We didn't get very far with Finn walking, but as you can see from the photo below, he started out strong. ;)
Owen was ready to hike the entire thing! But instead, we walked about 200 yards.
Harper's first outdoorsy-outing.
It got pretty windy, and she was not a fan. But that will change. Oh yes, my little friend, you will love the great outdoors!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Look at YOU! Taking all your kids on a hike. I love it. I miss Logan Canyon. We'll be out in Utah in August...I would LOVE to see you. Maybe we can organize an Olsen cousin reunion.

Jenni said...

You brave soul!

Mrs B said...

Kudos to you. There are days when it takes all my strength to get my big ol' belly & Mr P out the door. You inspire me.

Megan said...

I love that you take your kids outdoors a lot! Living out west, we have um, Antelope Island and we have had BAD experiences with BUGS every single time we have gone there. UGH. Maybe I should just move to Logan.....

Jenn said...

You wild and crazy gal, going hiking with a newborn...love ya!

Jami said...

Only you. WOW! That's all I can say.

Brittney said...

love the last bit of this post especially, like "we're going to have a FUN family time, and YOU'RE GOING TO LIKE IT!" harper: buckle up, kiddo. your mom's an adventurous maniac.