Thursday, June 24, 2010

Finally!

I have been wanting to paint our living room for years now. Literally years. I have had paint samples hanging up on the wall for almost a full year, and every time Jason's mom comes to visit she asks if I've picked one yet.

Well, I got fed up with myself for never making the time to just do it. So a few days before Linda and Deb were coming out for Harper's blessing, I went to Home Depot and bought paint. We tried a few samples, and ended up going with the color I had originally chosen. It is called Gull Green, and it is sooooo beautiful. I love it, love it, love it, and wish I had done it long ago.

People thought I was nuts to start such a project with a newborn, but it was just what I needed. I felt like I had actually accomplished something beyond just day-to-day survival. I love it every time I walk in the room.

Here is my friend, Chris, who heard about my project and came over wearing paint clothes and holding a paintbrush, ready to help. I couldn't have done it without her. You can see the old color here, along with one of the samples we tried.

Finished product:
The color is a little off in all the photos. Please come to my house to see what it really looks like. No really, c'mon over!

3 comments:

ShazBraz said...

Woo hoo! I wish I had known you were doing this; I so would have been there. Can't wait to see it!

Jenni said...

I'm coming over to see it!

Audrey Seymour said...

wooo it feels like a spa or a fancy hotel! Can I move in?