Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pow-WOW!

We took the kids to USU campus last week to watch the dancing at the Pow-Wow.  The kids were totally amazed, and so were we.  Jake kept asking if these were "real live Indians?"  I was kind of embarrassed because we were surrounded by real live Indians as he was asking me.  ;)  It was fun to visit with him about the Native American friends we have, the Toledos, and the Jones, who are both in our ward.  I am always jealous of people with such culturally rich heritages.
We got to watch the Iron Man competition, where the man to dance the longest and most technically correct wins.  It was amazing and beautiful.

I've never seen anything like the traditional costumes we saw...  Gorgeous.

During the Grand Entrance.  I wish you could hear the drums.

No comments: