Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baby, you're a firework.

At our Canadian friends, the Olsons', annual Canada Day fireworks show on Brookside. Yes, we celebrated both countries that night! 
The crowd is growing every year! 

Jason Yerka, pyromaniac!

We couldn't make it to our usual viewing spot in time after running from the Olsons' party.  The kids were extremely disappointed, but Jason made it fun by letting them watch the fireworks from the roof of our garage.  You could actually see them really well.  Owen watched them from his treehouse.

And Harper and I watched them from the hammock!

What pretty blue eyes she has!

Here's Harper heading for the ladder, not wanting to be left out of any fun or dangerous adventure.

Coming home from the Cruise In parade.

I LOVE this picture of Andy and his kids.  Andy is a great dad.

Ingrid came by to check in while we were getting ready to do fireworks.  Love that girl.

Camped out, ready for the show!

Glow stick mania!

Ruby.

Yes, the fireworks were plentiful this year, but the kids only cared about the glow sticks.  Seriously, I don't think they even watched the pyrotechnics the dads were putting on.  Not at all.

Harper.

Massive glow stick jump rope!

Natalie and Lee, living in the Raider Nation.

Andy and Lincoln.

Spectators.

The kids decided to watch for a minute. 


Happy 4th of July!  I tried hard to get a cute picture of Harper and Finn in their patriotic duds, but they wanted no part in it.  Oh well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just looked at all your latest posts. Brooke, you have such a beautiful family, inside and out. I miss you, but love that I can see what you all are up to on here! Oh, and I love your hair!!!

Julie said...

I am sad we didn't do fireworks together this year. :( I feel like our lives are drifting a par t... Even though our activities are separate, my heart will always be with you. (just practicing for my future job with hallmark.)