Sunday, December 18, 2011

A weekend of thanks.

Sometimes I take way too many pictures, and sometimes I kick myself for not taking more.  I guess I was too busy eating to take pictures this Thanksgiving, because I hardly took any.  But I did get this awesome one of Jaime:
I love my sister.  I LOVE my family.  I love my children.  I love Thanksgiving.
Look at this cute shot of Grandpa and Porter reading... You gotta take a break to let that pie digest.
Blue ate so much his feet grew to a Men's 11.
The morning after Thanksgiving Grandma had the excellent idea to go for a hike along the newly developed Bonneville Shoreline Trail above North Ogden.  It was spectacular.  Not too cold, beautiful views, and the best company.  We hiked further than I thought we would/could with all those kids.  I'm so glad we did.
The boys had a great time scrambling around on this landslide.

What are we going to do without the world's best Grandma?  I really don't know what will become of us, but I can't wait to hear about her marvelous adventures in Kenya.
After the hike we went to see the new Muppets movie.  It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Upon our return from the movie, I went with my mom, dad, and Jaime to sign some bank papers which will allow us to help with bill paying and such while they are gone to Kenya.  While we were there, Finn broke his arm.  Again.  He jumped out of Harper's crib downstairs at my mom's.  He came upstairs crying, telling Jason, "I jumped out of Harper's bed and broke my arm."  He knew right away.  So we spent the evening going from one hospital to the next, until we ended up at Primary Children's where he underwent surgery to put pins in his elbow.  He had broken his humerus, just above the elbow, fortunately missing the growth plate.  Poor little lamb.  So we were there overnight, with little to no sleep, but feeling so grateful he got the care he needed.  The staff at PCMC is completely amazing.  And being there will really make you grateful to have relatively healthy, happy children.  I counted my blessings all night long that night.

No comments: