Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sundance

This mini-vacay was totally, totally amazing.  I had never given Sundance Resort a second thought.  In my head it was the land of richy-rich, and I really didn't care about checking it out. But then we had the opportunity to go, and I discovered I had been wrong all along.  Ooooohhhhhh, how wrong I was!  Sundance just became a destination for our family and even made us consider moving to Utah County!  (But only for a minute.)  It really is amazing, totally family friendly, with stunningly beautiful scenery and amazing food and accommodations.  And, while I didn't experience it, they have a really cool artisan gig going on up there with painting and jewelry making and glass-blowing classes.  In short, it felt like we were living in a Sundance catalog for the weekend.  Except for Harper screaming all night the first night.  That part I could do without.
Bennett serenaded us on the way there.  And all day every day we were there.

Walking to dinner.  Oh my goodness, this place is magically beautiful.  We were there just after a nice snowstorm, so everything was so fresh and beautiful.

Jason and the kids all enjoyed the mussels.  


It was snowing a little on our way back to our cabin.

Plenty of icicles for all.

Jason went out for a powder run first thing in the morning.  He came back for the kids, and they had a great day on the mountain.

Harper, Finn, and I had a lovely day, strolling around, browsing the shops, eating amazing food, and napping.  We walked over to the lift to see the boys.

Here come Bennett, Owen, and Jake.


This has been an awesome year for Jake.  He switched to snowboarding from skiing, and he is doing awesome!


Our condo/cabin thing was so amazing.  I want to live there.


I know that if we ever build a house, I want a sunken area somewhere, because those stairs served as a perfect stage for the kids all weekend.  There was much dancing and singing going on.  Non-stop performances.

We left Sunday morning, early enough to be home for church.  Everyone was a little tired, but  also pretty rejuventated.

Yay for good family time!  We can't wait for next year!  Maybe one of these years we will all be skiing, and we won't even have a baby screaming all night...  Maybe.

3 comments:

Audrey Seymour said...

It's our favorite during spring/summer. The falls are gorgeous. the loop breath taking and it's so green. We never made it during winter but I am sure it was way fun too!

mrs.d said...

Oh, Sundance...that place occupies a large part of my heart. Only took 15 minutes from my house to get there, and my friends and I practically lived at our friend's cabin (AKA mansion in the woods) there all growing up. We would walk down to concerts, & hike to Stewart Falls. Sundance has a smell to it that is magical. Every home/cabin is gorgeous. The food is amazing. Did you have a "Sundance Apple?" I could go on. L.O.V.E. that place. So glad you discovered it. Can I stowaway next time you go?? I'll bring my own crying baby...
~mary

Megan said...

I have never been there, either! It looks amazing!