Tuesday, April 10, 2012

St. Patty's Day, 2012, or Girls' Night Out with a Family Interlude

What a fabulous night out with my lady friends!  These are girls I've known for years and years, from different times in my life, and who have helped make me who I am.  No, seriously.  College roommate, ward member, neighbor, former fellow YW leader, teacher of my children... the list is impressive.  Each one of these women is rock solid, and I am beyond blessed to have such amazing friends.

We went to Celtic Night together, but first!  Dinner at the Bluebird. We were missing a couple of key people.  Brittney met us at the performance, and Jen was with her family, since her daughter, Naomi was dancing in the show.  We missed them!
Julie Kirby, Rose Judd-Murray, Chris Anderson, Rachel Murray, and Mary Darnell.
How I love these ladies! 
 Julie and Rose are some of the funniest gals I know.  Having them in the same room was beyond entertaining.  There was much laughing this night.
I left dinner a little early to watch Bennett perform in his spring piano recital.  He played "The Golden Gate Bridge" and "Largo."  He had both pieces perfectly memorized and did great.  He was so confident and happy.  We were really proud.  Way to go, Bennett!
After Bennett's performance I ran next door to the Ellen Eccles Theater to watch Celtic Night with the lady friends.  Here is Naomi Pitcher, Jen and Kory's gorgeous daughter, after the show.  Naomi has been dancing for a few years now, and is doing GREAT.  She is so petite and so graceful.  Watching the little girls dance is one of my favorite parts of the show.
Walking to our cars took some time.  Because we had to stop and tell stories for about an hour or more of course.  What a great night out.  Love you, my friends!

2 comments:

Megan said...

That is so neat that you got together with so many friends. I don't think I have that many close friends......I think I might have something wrong with me...for reals!

mrs.d said...

Much laughter, indeed! I can still see/hear Julie with hand on hip, telling her story (as cat-callers cruised on by): "Dear!..." bwaa ha ha!! I'm still so happy to have been included in on such a wonderful night! Love you!!