Thursday, May 1, 2008

FREE DOG. NO, REALLY.

Yesterday was a busy day from start to finish.  On the agenda were the following:  doctor's appointment, grocery shopping, tumbling with Owen, and an appointment to get my hair done with Kenia Ann.  NOT on the agenda:  Lucy running away and getting impounded.  Jason called me at the end of my hair appointment to break the news.  Animal Control picked her up at Mount Logan Middle School dining near the dumpsters.  Strange... usually we find her at the dumpsters behind Angie's.  They impounded her rather than returning her because she was not wearing her tags.  And why was she not wearing her tags?  Because she got out twice last week, and lost them shimmying under the fence.   Soooo, I spent the next hour and a half running around town, gathering proof of vaccination, paying the impound fee at the city, and waiting at the Cache Meadows Animal Clinic for-EVER.  It stunk so bad in there, I thought I might be ill.  (Funny, though, I took the kids to the Fun Park this afternoon, and it smelled very similar...  Ew.)  Anyway, if you are interested in a sweet 7-year-old yellow lab, you can pick her up at our house.  We will include a kennel and some doggie treats for your trouble.

10 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

How about a two for one deal? Powder tore up my neighbor's garden yesterday. I felt like a complete jack***, especially because the poor man is 90 years old. I have seen him working out there all week. I am ready to euthanize her the Grandpa Judd way, if you get my drift.

Becca Hatch said...

And if the pound called me, I'd tell them, "Sorry, wrong number."

Julie said...

Oh Lucy. Behave yourself or your gone. Brooke, if I didn't know better I'd say your were trying to be humorous. We're having a garage sale next Saturday. Put a for free sign on her & perhaps she'll find a new home. Sad, sad, sad. Poor Lucy but even poorer you.

Unknown said...

Oh Brooke, what a crazy day! I know what you mean about the Fun Park, it's a petri dish, but we still go...nothing like spending a couple bucks to be rewarded with cheap plastic stuff. I have to say, I'm wicked competitive when it comes to skee ball!

Jami said...

Okay, forget about the dog - what are you doing running around like crazy when you have a baby coming ANY day. Don't you know this is the time to SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP!
Sorry to hear about Lucy. Just one more reason why we are NOT dog owners.

Jeff and Rose said...

Good pets, gone bad.
Sounds like you need the Dog Whisperer...or a Grandpa Judd mission. I'd support either one, but will refuse to be involved if asked. ha.ha.ha. Oh, Bec, that cracks me up about you hanging up on the pound--I would seriously laugh so hard. Maybe what you should consider is leaving out a bar of dark chocolate. At least she would go out with a smile on her little dog lips.

Sandra said...

Thank you so much for confirming for me that a pet/dog is not a good idea. I have been fighting my kids on this for years and this is exactly why I keep up the fight. It's just too much. Like I always say, a pet is a child that NEVER grows up. You have to feed it and take care of it's poop forever. UUHGGG!!

mrs.d said...

I LOVE that you are getting your hair done so close to your due date..those are my kind of priorities!! Can't wait to meet the new little guy--good luck with labor fun--and to start seeing you often again!! Must be something about yellow labs..my dad's beast was the same way..outta control!! Hence, mine and Scott's children can visit the neighbors' and friends' pets instead of having their own! I'm gonna be a rude mom! Oh well!!

Laura said...

We'd love to take your dog. The boys are crazy about her. Any chance you can bring her to Texas? Maybe if we had a dog, the boys would stop bringing home geckos and saying, "Can we keep him?"

Jami said...

ANY BABY NEWS YET? I keep checking waiting anxiously for news of the big arrival. Good Luck!