Thursday, August 28, 2008

Infamous Incident

Everyone looks so happy in the above photo taken at Lagoon-a-Beach... You would never know that Jason had just...
RIPPED A MASSIVE HOLE IN HIS SWIM TRUNKS! Yikes!
That's right. Disaster struck last Friday evening at the very crowded Lagoon-a-Beach when Jason went down a slide with Jake and landed on his rear-end very hard. "That really hurt," he thought, but had no idea that he had literally shredded his trousers in the landing. He proceeded to wander through the water park, bending over to push the boys on the swings, paying little attention to the strange looks he was getting from the woman on a bench behind him. It wasn't until he himself tried to sit on one of the swings that Bennett saw the damage to his trunks and shouted, "Dad! You have a hole in your shorts!" Sure enough, when he reached behind to check, he felt... skin. So Jason, mortified and visibly shaken, had to clutch the torn fabric in his hands as he wound his way through the crowds over to the shady area at the back of the park where I was hanging out with Finn. I thought he had perhaps had some sort of accident by the way he was holding his backside and walking really slowly, and from the shocked look on his face. I COULD NOT get control of my laughter as he was telling me the story. I am laughing out loud as I type it right now. And no, I did not ask permission to share his new most embarrassing moment. But he can laugh too, so he's a better sport than I am. If it had happened to ME, I would be in hiding. Or therapy. Along with all those who had witnessed the event!!

19 comments:

Mrs B said...

I too laugh every time I think of this experience & am grateful that the men in our lives take themselves a little less seriously than we do. I would still be crying & wondering if that lady on the bench had begun her therapy yet.

Becca Hatch said...

I think you should all watch the Spongbob Squarepants where Spongebob rips his pants. Turns out, he embraces the tragedy and becomes a better and more humorous man because of it. Who cares if impressionable children saw your hiney crack? You will be a bigger person, Jason, I just know it!

Sarah said...

If only we could all have such a good "most embarrassing moment" story to tell. Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Oh dear, I fear I won't be able to greet Jason with a straight face when I see him at the school in the mornings. If it provides any comfort, the same thing happened to my hubby, only in high school, in front of a crowd...he says his pants exploded while playing hackysack. It's good our husbands give us so much fodder for our blogs!!

Sarah O. said...

Jason..sucks to be you!

val said...

oh my gosh so funny cant stop laughing. Ad enjoyed it too!

Jenni said...

You will be laughing about that one for years and years!

tAy-Team said...

This incident will go down in the annals of Lambert history...my gut hurts reading this, I can't control myself…the kids are wondering what in the world just happened in the office.
I love the line where big J has to reach back to find out if Bennett has truly observed something “out of place”. You gotta remember that kids often have a unique vantage point at waterparks...too fun. This will help me as we plan another outing to Holiday World’s Splashin’ Safari on Saturday.
Oh, and J - I am sure you were just making all the other ladies jealous of Brooke when you were inadvertently showing some extra skin. No worries, but here is a suggestion – keep your completion Speedo on underneath the board shorts next time! - Brad

Tanner Perkes said...

That is dang funny!!

Jami said...

Oh seriously. I am dying. Way to go Jason!!! Troy always says "if you got it...flaunt it!" And you most certainly did.

Laura said...

I my gosh. That is so funny!! Poor Jason, that we all laugh at his expense. What else are husbands good for. :)

Tracy Helgeson said...

Too funny! And believe me, this will be one of the things that the kids will remember FOREVER! Baha-hahahha!

Sandra said...

Oh, that is the best story I've heard in a long time. Tooooo funny.

Jason said...

Happy to be the "butt" of so many jokes!

Jeff and Rose said...

so what did he do?? Sit on the grass all sad for the rest of the day?? It's truly a story for the ages. It sounds twisted, but I love it when stuff like this happens to guys! I remember when Jeff came home and told me that he had clogged up the toilet at work and had to go get the janitor to "help out." Freak. I can't even type it because I laugh so hard. I'm telling you about it here because he would DIE if I put it in a headline on our blog....ha.ha.ha. Good stuff. Good stuff.

lish said...

I am laughing out loud as I read this. I'm so glad Jason can laugh at himself, because I too, would be mortified. And in hiding. Perhaps in the witness protection program. The horror!

Brittney said...

it's official: that story is HILARIOUS. and i snort-laughed when i read it.

oh, i love that story. sorry, jason, but i do. hilarious. thanks to brooke for sharing and brightening my already sunshiney day.

Julie Church said...

May I recoomend boxers next time....he he he, I had tears in my eyes reading this. Oh my, that just "cracks" me up...

Jenn said...

I'm sorry Jason, but I had to bring Jeff over to the computer for this one and we are LOL! You are not only one who has had an embarassing moment, but that was a doozy. I'm sure no one saw. The question is, if you saw a nice looking gentleman with his young boys with that kind of personal problem would you be brave enough to point it out to him? I would hope so.