Thursday, August 7, 2008

We're baaaaack!




We're back from a wonderful, beautiful family vacation in the lovely Northwest. We were able to spend a week on the Oregon coast with my family, and then headed up to Bellingham for the 2008 Lambert Family Reunion. Every single day was amazing!

Jason has the Oregon photos on his computer, so those will go up later. But here are some from the Washington end of the trip. The reunion had a superhero theme this year, which the kids loved especially. We enjoyed the traditional talent show at Linda and Amory's and the carnival at Grammy Deb's. The boys couldn't get enough swimming in gorgeous Lake Whatcom, and non-stop playing with the cousins. They were so happy. I loved visiting with Jason's family and introducing them to baby Finn for the first time.

Jason and I spent some time in Fairhaven Village checking out the new boardwalk out over the bay, and made our traditional pilgrimage to Village Books and the Colophon Cafe for the biggest piece of chocolate cake you've ever seen. By the way, guess what book I bought at Village Books??? Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn of course. I read it on the way home, which was a great way to cope with the looooong ride and crying children. It was nice to get sucked into another one of those darn books, but it was a long, lonely ride home for Jason since I barely said 2 words the whole way. I also did some more serious reading on the trip to balance it out. :)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. What a beautiful place to visit!

Mrs B said...

Ahhh, the beckonings of Bellingham... So I'll have to borrow your Breaking Dawn, since I'm not going to lower myself to actually purchasing it. HA HA! I also figure that if I read something educational at the same time it evens out the fact that I'm enjoying a vampire book. I need to finish the Last Lecture. So little time...

Mrs B said...

Look at Deborah with her short hair! So cute!

Jenn said...

Yeah for summer fun and families!

val said...

you have to share with me how you make the collages-love them and want to do something similiar for ou 10 year aaaahhhh anniversary!

Jami said...

Your trip looks amazing. So sad to see summer rapidly dwindling (im not even sure that is a word) down before our eyes.

Becca Hatch said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip! On a different note, do you remember where you found the blog posting about "Mom, I love this minute." I hope you remember what I am talking about :)

Brooke said...

Hey, Bec, it's:

http://antiquemommy.com/2008/06/10/this-minute/

xxoo

Julie said...

You are so beautiful & Jason so stylish with that brown grandpa hat. Only Jason (& cool people like him) could get away with such a topper. I am jealous of the swims in the lakes & the ability to read while the kids scream. I have to have pure silence. I guess that's why I don't get too much reading done.