Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Gateway Experience

After dining at the Gateway with the Jules Lambert clan, on a snowy December day, I ditched everyone briefly and made a stop into the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (for an apple pie caramel apple, of course). Everyone else went ahead to the fountain without me. Imagine my surprise when I found all the kids soaking wet, warming themselves by the fire. I was flabbergasted. "YOU LET THEM GET WET?!" I asked, having a little mom freak-out.

Now, this is a difference between me and Jason. (Maybe a difference between all Moms and Dads all over the world.) I would NEVER have let the kids run through the fountain at the Gateway during a snowstorm. But Jason thought it was great! And guess what? Turns out he was totally right. Noone came down with a terrible cold, noone got hypothermia... the only thing that happened was that excellent memories were made, and the kids rode home to Logan in their underwear with foggy windows in the LandCruiser. Thank you, Jason, for being such a great dad. I will try not to question your judgement so often. ;)



4 comments:

Mrs B said...

This is totally a good lesson for me. I am also trying to be a little less of a freaker-outer when Ty takes Mr P. I guess dads really do know a leetle something more than we want to give them credit for! :)

Megan said...

I love it! And it sounds like something I would say "NO" to and Will would say "Absolutely"!! So cute! :)

Jenn said...

You are such a brave Mom, I am proud of you for letting go and letting loose.

mrs.d said...

Aside from being proud of Jason, I'm proud of you for taking some "me time" to duck in and quietly enjoy chocolate--that is so great!!