Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bennett's 8th birthday party.

Last year I made the decision that 2008 would be the year of having family-only birthday parties, sans friends. I decided it made sense especially since it's Bennett's 8th birthday, and thus the year of his baptism. But after talking to a friend with older kids who have outgrown wanting to have parties with a bunch of friends, I changed my mind. I decided I might as well let them party with their little friends while they are young and still want to do a traditional birthday party. This phase of life doesn't last very long, and it truly is the highlight of their birthday, to have all their little buddies there with them, being silly, and giving them presents of course. :) And so, any kid who wants a party can have one. Am I too indulgent? Do I spoil my kids? Probably. Check back in 10 years to see if Bennett is ruined.

Bennett invited some school friends and some cousin-friends to a pizza, pinata, sports, movie night which we held in the gym of the church. It was a great time, and took zero planning. The kids could run wild, play dodgeball, basketball, soccer, tag, break a pinata, lay on the floor and watch a movie projected up on the wall of the gym, throw popcorn at each other, be crazy...

and it wasn't in my house. Sweet.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: