Monday, August 16, 2010

Another summer come and gone...

Looking back over the summer is maybe more fun than actually living it.  Isn't that sad?  I have recently felt myself rising from the haze that encompasses post-partum days, grateful for cooler temps and a baby who sleeps all night.  In short, I'm starting to feel like myself again.  Phew.

Here is a sampling of our summer adventures:
In June, the Olsen family took a trip to the Oregon Coast.  We basically reenacted our childhood trips there minus the tent-trailer, (beach house instead)!  Digging in the sand, jumping in the ocean totally clothed, Mo's, Aunt Belinda's, kites, tidepools, and Andy making us laugh.  It was the best time.

I was able to teach some art this summer, which makes me crazy but happy.
The fourth of July was festive.
Jason ran the Logan Peak race- a 28 mile ultra trail marathon. I passed a kidney stone the same day, so I think we had about the same amount of fun.  ;)
Lots of neighborhood friend time.  Karaoke in the front yard, lemonade stands, and hanging out.
We camped overnight with Kate and Andy at Bear Lake.  It was a quick trip, but so fun.  The kids were in heaven with all the dirt, water, sun, and junk food.
Our annual trip to Bellingham was absolutely gorgeous.  We had weather in the 70's the whole time, perfect for relaxing at the lake, which we did every day for about a week straight.  We also had the luxury of traveling to and from the reunion in the PROBAR RV, which is totally sweet.  Thanks to Jules and Sara for letting us tag along!
Harper met lots of new family members in Washington!  She liked them all.
We came home in time to welcome little Hudson Blue, my sister Jaime's new baby.  He is so absolutely precious.  I am so happy for her!

Leslie and Zee made their annual pilgrimage to Utah, which was a complete blast.  I love Leslie, Zee and family.  They are the easiest people in the world to get along with, and we had such a great time at Bear Lake, the pool, and just hanging out.  


Back to school?!  I'm not sure where the summer went until I look back over these photos!  We sure crammed a lot into a couple of short months.  No wonder I'm so tired.

2 comments:

Jeff and Rose said...

That picture of Andy--holy crap. I thought that it was your dad at first...I don't know what is funnier!

Also, sort of laughed out loud about your kidney stone, but don't take it personally.

Jenni said...

What an amazing summer!