Monday, August 30, 2010

Milk wagon.

Today I was reading about 4-month milestones for baby and other interesting tidbits when I came across some tips for how to help  your baby transition from breast to bottle if you want to make that switch.  By the way, I am not planning to make the switch because I am too lazy.  But, I came across this sentence which totally blew my mind.  I have never heard this, and I don't know how they know it is true, but here it is...

"Your baby can smell your milk from at least 20 feet away, so it may be best to remove the temptation, even by leaving the house."


WHAT?!  My baby can smell my milk from at least 20 feet away?  That is insane.  I feel more like a dairy than ever now.  And the wording that I am a temptation for my baby is so funny to me.  Such a temptress!

6 comments:

mrs.d said...

Oh yeah! We learned that factoid the hard way when I had way too much milk (can't remember the name of the condition right now...I digress!) and the massive overdoses were making Madelyn sick. We had to slow things down, but it was a hard transition, during which myself or Scott & Madelyn would have to leave the room and go do something else. Nature is crazy, eh? Our babies and their bloodhound survival tactics!!

Megan said...

That is funny and amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Brooke, when Soph was an infant and I used the electric pump, man, did images of cows run through my mind! It was awful!! Funny to think of us moms as temptresses :)

Love the song on your blog - the Golden Girls theme song!

Michelle said...

That's really funny! I'm a little bit nervous for this time of my life.

By the way, you keep saying you're lazy, but I know way better than that! If you are lazy, I wonder what that makes everyone else?

AT said...

I know...I know...sigh! I remember the days...bigger sigh!

Julie said...

Now you have an excuse to leave whenever Harper needs to be fed. "sorry Jason, I have to remove my breasts from the premises."