Sunday, October 16, 2011

Art days are here again.

I'd had a couple of people asking when I would start teaching art lessons again, and I finally decided to start.  Here are some pics of what we've been doing.  The older class learned about Frida Kahlo.  One thing we looked at was how it was common for her to paint something meaningful to her into the background of her paintings.  Maybe pets, or other objects with meanings we don't understand.  So we learned how to draw the human head in proper proportion, and then planned a composition involving something that is meaningful to each child.  I am stunned by the results so far!  These are 2nd and 3rd graders, making gorgeous art!  I love it!






The littles are learning about drawing things using simple shapes.  We also learned about Eric Carle and collage.  We imitated his style by doing some fun printing and painting onto tissue paper, and then cutting shapes out to create our own bugs.  So cute, and the kids were super proud.




This is the kind of scene I love.  I realize it is some people's nightmare, which is why they send their children away for art time.  And really, this is nothing.  You should see the floor too!  It's awesome!

5 comments:

mrs.d said...

I. CAN'T. WAIT. until Rosie Girl is old enough to take art lessons from our favorite Brooke!! You are amazing! Just like those little meaningful things in the background, I'm so grateful for the meaning that you bring to everything--big or small. xoxo

mrs.d said...

I. CAN'T. WAIT. until Rosie Girl is old enough to take art lessons from our favorite Brooke!! You are amazing! Just like those little meaningful things in the background, I'm so grateful for the meaning that you bring to everything--big or small. xoxo

Megan said...

If we lived closer I would have you teach art to my kiddos! Sasha takes art from a homeschooling momma near us and loves it! She is my little artist! She used to call it "arts and crash time" instead of "arts and crafts time" when she was little. Ya, it looked like a crash happened....or a bomb went off....or something! Fun times! LOVE you!

Jeff and Rose said...

Can I get on the waiting list? Please.

Jenn said...

I LOVE your LOVE for art. I just wish Sam was there to learn from you and expand her talent. I am so grateful that you share yours. :)