Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fare thee well.

My dear friend, Becca, is in the Philippines for 6 months with her family.  Before she left, Rose and I were able to rendezvous with her at a restaurant in SLC called Epic.  It was such a great night.  The tip-off that our restaurant selection was cosmically aligned was that there was a live musician there who seriously played all our favorite songs from the days when we lived together.  From James Taylor, to U2, to Alison Krauss, and the list goes on.  It was a good omen, for sure.  Lots of time has passed since the days we lived together at Crestview apartments while finishing up at USU.  We've all got different lives, similar in some ways (like politics!) and different in others- which is the way it has always been with us.  But the friendship remains, as fun and strong.  No, I take that back.  It's better now than it ever was, because we are able to view our years together in hindsight, and we recognize what a blessing it was during that time of life, and continues to be.  How I have leaned on these ladies.  I admire them so much, and pray that Harper finds girlfriends like them in life.


1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

Love your guts.

Also, my tropical self sweats way more than I thought possible.