Wednesday, February 15, 2012

God be with you til we meet again...

One last birthday celebration at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Yay for January birthdays, and YAY for Owen!

Grandma and Grandpa bore beautiful testimony about how blessed our lives will be if we live the Gospel.  They taught us about the miracles of abundance in the Bible, such as the wine at the wedding, the loaves and fishes feeding the multitude, and the fisherman's nets overflowing with fish.  The Savior gave them far beyond their needs or even desires, and blessed them with more than they could have imagined.  They testified that our lives will be blessed in this same way, in abundance, if we live the way the Savior taught.  I have thought of that so many times since then, and have truly felt how my life is blessed beyond what I need or deserve.  I love my parents and their willingness to teach us the Gospel.

The kids performed a cute hip hop version of "I Hope They Call Me on a Mission" from the Popcorn Popping CD.  It was adorable.  They were dancing around being so cute!  There was not a dry eye!
Our heroes!
Bennett had a really difficult time that night.  He offered to give a family prayer, and totally broke down crying while giving it.  He cried and cried and cried afterwards.  Owen cried too, and I could see it break my Mom's heart.  But of course the tears are all mixed with happy and sad and hope and joy and a bunch of other feelings...  Such a special thing to be a part of.
I.  LOVE.  MY.  FAMILY.
 We actually said goodbye to my parents this night, rather than going with them to the airport the following morning.  Our kids were so tired after being at Bear Lake, and driving some more.  I felt that the time for them to say goodbye was at Grandma and Grandpa's house that night.  There had been a lot emotion and goodbyes already, and I know my parents understood.  But what a party it will be when we pick them up at the airport in a little less than 2 years! WAHOOOOOO!
Hakuna Matat!  There is no problem!

No comments: