Thursday, October 4, 2007

Craft mania







Just thought I would share some of the projects I've been working on. First was a punchneedle design I came up with a while ago. I just mounted it the other day. Cute little Halloweeny thing. Then I made a quick but cute little blankie for somebody. I don't know who yet, but I had the fabric. I also made a reversible superhero cape for my little nephew, Zac, for Christmas. (Don't show him, Nikki and Alan!) I should really wait and not show pics of it now, but I just can't wait!

We have a great tradition in our family of drawing names for Christmas and making all the gifts by hand. I am always so amazed by the creative things everyone comes up with. It's so much fun, but it can be a leetle overwhelming if you leave the gift-making until, say, December 15. So I'm trying to get a head start this year. I have also started on Nikki's gift, but sorry, no photos yet!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow. Pie-making (with homemade crust, no less), reading to the boys, homemade gifts, and playing outside with the kids all in one day's postings. Do you *have* to be so amazing? And make it look so easy? You are truly my hero.

Brooke said...

I'm just trying to stay sane while Jason's gone!!!!!!!

Jami said...

I think I am nominating you for "Utah Mother of the Year!" Look at you crafting and baking away. You put me to shame! It was sooooooo great seeing you yesterday! I miss you tons! Look at your calendar and let's find a time you can come down to let the kids play!

Sandra said...

You have been a busy blogger lately. And a busy homemaker/crafter/etc. too. Look at you go. You probably exercised every day too. Love you. I saw that you tagged me. I'll do it soon.