Friday, October 5, 2007

Bold and trusty...









Yesterday was a great day. Hallee came to visit! It was so much fun to have her. Bennett has been asking when we get to go see Hallee ever since we started keeping up with their family via their blog. They got along great, and Hallee was a good sport as Bennett asked her what superhero she wanted to be, or what ninja she wanted to be.... She kind of smiled and said, "I don't really know about superheroes." (I understand, Hallee.) We eventually went out to the garden and picked mini-pumpkins to decorate, an activity everyone could love.

Last night after dinner we decided to go on an adventure. It was good for all of us to hike around on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. The colors are beautiful everywhere right now, and every day is more lovely than the last. Bennett was a little disappointed that we didn't find any diamonds on our hike. Apparently, in a "science" book he saw recently, he saw people finding diamonds in the mountains. Unfortunately, those must not have been our mountains, because even after some intense digging with sharp rocks, all we found were red ants.

As it was getting dark, I told the boys I thought we should head for the car, and I did mention my fear of cougars. Bennett raised his fist in the air and said, "Let's keep going, because I'm bold and trusty!" I don't know where he got that phrase either, but it made us all laugh out loud.

1 comment:

camas said...

Bennett,
You ARE bold and trusty!!! If I'm ever in trouble, I'm coming to you for help. You're very tough.
I've never met braver soldiers than my boys.
I love you guys!
Auntie Cam
a.k.a. Aunt Candy