Monday, September 8, 2008

Saddle Sore



Is riding a bike 206 miles in one day your idea of a good time? If so, this is the event for you! If not, you can ride along with me in the support car and eat Swedish fish all day! I am so proud of Jason for finishing this grueling ride for the second time. I am utterly amazed at the strength these riders have. I was saddle sore just sitting in my car for the drive to Jackson! Congrats, babe!
I wish you could tell how fast the riders were going in the photo above.  Jason clocked his fastest speed ever during the race:  54 mph.  I can't even think about that too hard or I will throw up.
Feel the burn!

It was a long, beautiful day!  Finn was an amazing traveler!  He had a bit of a diaper rash by the end of our trip, but as Lynn Kirby pointed out, his Dad understood his pain.
Jason and Russ rolled in together looking strong!  Thanks, Sport Legs!  And not a moment too soon... the race was closed just 5 minutes later!
The next morning he enjoyed the breakfast of champions at Bubba's in Jackson.
Check out our Bishop, Darren Perkes, and his first counselor, J. Lamb.  Lotoja brothers!

We had a great time the day after the race in Jackson Hole with the Gibsons, Kirbys and Perkes. Look at all these hard-core biker friends I have right in my neighborhood! Incredible.
*See if you can spot the former cheerleader of the group.

9 comments:

Mrs B said...

Yeah, Jason!! We're so proud of (& concerned about) you! If he does this again I will totally ride with you & eat swedish fish. I would have offered this year if it wasn't P's 1st birthday. I can't imagine the saddle soreness because I was saddle sore after 2 hrs on the 4-wheeler. Blech.

Sarah O. said...

I' will join you in eating swedich fish..I don't believe I know anyone doing LATOJA but it sounds fun to just ride and watch. Jason...kudos to you, way to go.

Unknown said...

That is truly, truly awesome...way to go Jason! I cannot even fathom going 54 mph. Hey, who's cool Volvo is that?

Jenni said...

Way to go Jason! What a fun trip for you all.

Jami said...

Whoaaa.. I am kinda glad I am not in the 9th ward anymore. Too much pressure to keep up with that bunch. Way to go everyone!!!!

lish said...

Go Jason! That is freaking amazing. Man, I forgot how beautiful Logan is.

Brooke, can I come ride in the car with you and eat Swedish Fish? Sounds like my kind of workout.

mrs.d said...

Sooo fun!! Scott was SO sad he didn't get in..he wants to do LATOJA SSSSSSSSOOOOOOO bad!! He even got up crazy early that morning to go watch everybody take off--it made me sad for him, but not sad enough to get this pregnant belly out of bed to go with him! Riding in the car with Swedish fish..one more reason why I just love you!!..I should have joined you! We need to come see you..now Scott wants to meet Jason even more..and have him take him for a ride. Okay, this is long, I just need to actually talk to you!

Julie said...

Love that sun soaked photo. Now I wish we'd stayed for that boring award ceremony so we could be in that LOTOJA photo. Next year, right? Then we can be in it too while you & I do a relay team. Yeah right. Relay in our cars more like it.

Jenn said...

You rock Jason! Congrats on your finish. I love the picture of everyone. It is good to see them. It brings back great memories. Give them all a hello from us!