Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cache Stake Film Festival

Last summer I was given a new calling in the stake. I am the stake cultural arts director. (Should that be capitalized? I just don't know.) If you are wondering what that job is, it can be basically whatever I want it to be. I was of course overwhelmed by the task, so I immediately requested a co-chair, Sharon Brazell, to help me. She and I are a great team, (She's really organized, and I'm not. She's always motivated when I'm not. Hey wait, this team seems a little unbalanced...) and I love working with her.

I was also immediately struck with the idea that we should do a film festival with the youth in our stake. A couple of weeks ago, we showed films from each ward in our stake at a fancy screening/ awards ceremony, Oscars-style. It was a huge success. We had penny candy and a popcorn machine. People wore formals, awards were accepted, and there was even an unplanned visit from Kanye. It was excellent, and I would be totally flattered if you want to copy us and do this in your own stake or ward. I can give you more details. Just lemme know. I just wish I would have taken more photos, but I was a little crazy that night.
Here are some of the participants, eagerly awaited the screening...
And our gorgeous hosts, Mike and Emily Doxey. They had written up the greatest script to present all the awards. (The statues were actually trophies from D.I. Sweet.)
Here I am with Sharon after cleaning the gala event. It went so well, but we were definitely glad when it was all over. Phew. Also, my hair was seriously huge. And I had borrowed a LOT of jewels from my stylish friend, Tiffany. Thanks for the bedazzlement, Tiff!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am sure the event was out of this world!