Sunday, November 29, 2009

Giving Thanks.

This Thanksgiving we went to my Mom's as usual. But this year was very different, because we were missing some key family players. Namely Andy, Kate and kids, as well as MOM herself. She was taking care of her own Mom that day in Roy. This left me, Jaime, and Cami in charge of food. I have to say it went very well, considering none of us really knew what we were doing. We had a great time in the kitchen anyway. And truthfully, all our efforts were overshadowed by the amazing horseradish deviled eggs that the neighbor lady brings every year, and everybody chokes down, or pretends to eat so as not to hurt her feelings.
Look! Owen and Finn like our cooking!
We were lucky to have Jason's brother, Jon, with us. He and Jason were the gravy team. They made 2 kinds of killer gravy. Mmmmm.
I love you, family!
After dinner, the boys went to see Fantastic Mr. Fox with Jason and Jon, while I went out to visit my Grandma. Then we all came home, including Mom, and we all scoped out the Black Friday sales and made out plans for our attack the next morning.
We really found a ton of great deals...
But we all slept in instead.

1 comment: