Monday, November 2, 2009

So Unfair.

Oh, the joy of playing in the leaves!
You rake and rake and rake, and then you JUMP!
And you are so happy, feeling the crunch and the coushiony bounce as you roll and tumble with your friends...
You just can't help but smile!


And then, suddenly, the fun sucker comes driving slowly down your street, towards your house, towards your leaves, and you start to panic!
You watch in absolute horror as it sucks all the fun from your day. All that hard work for what?
For the man to come and take it all away from you.
And there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing.



*Except wait about 24 hours when the trees dump more leaves for you to play in.

10 comments:

the warrens said...

that was pretty funny. i wish we had a leaf sucker on the east bench. maybe i'll vote for that today. hope you're doing well!

Jenni said...

You live in the perfect place for leaves. Poor kids.

Becca Hatch said...

You should turn this story into a book.

Audrey Seymour said...

Hilarious! Poor kids!

Sarah said...

oh man, i wish a fun sucker came down our street...there are lots of empty leaf bags calling out my name...

mrs.d said...

oooooo, I just LOVE those kiddos! I just want to schmoosh their cheeks and play and play with them! Every time I see Jake I wish I was teaching 3's so I could play with him and get to know him more! Nothing better than the smell, crunch, and joy of fall leaves! Jason looks AWESOME in your main pic!...and you, beautiful, of course!

Jami said...

Funny. We had to drive to Logan just to get in ONE leave diving experience. Ahhh.... gotta love it.

Jill said...

What a cute post! Love the pictures and OHHHHH to have seasons again! Love the fall colors!

ChanClan said...

I loved this post! It's a wonderful little story. You're a great writer and I could seriously hear your voice (back in hs voice - lol) reading as I read! Awesome post!

Julie said...

I need these photos. I agree that you should write a book about this. You are so clever.