Sunday, November 29, 2009

Uncle Jonny and Ginger

We had 2 house guests this week, and we all shed a tear when they left this morning. Jason's little brother, Jonathon, came to work on our basement, and we got some good play time in too. Here he is, with his trusty sidekick, Ginger. Seriously, Ginger is THE best, THE coolest dog on the face of planet earth.
I love that dog.

Jon is the biggest tease. The kids love him. Is there a stronger word than love? They almost worship him, really.
Here he is performing magic tricks for the neighborhood children.
And here he is teaching the boys all the secrets of Mario, Harry Potter, and Lego Star Wars.
The day before he left, he told the boys he would take them bowling if they did something nice for everyone in the family. And then he proceeded to help them do something nice for ME. He had them quiz me on my favorite lunch items, and then went shopping for them, helped them set up the table, and serve me lunch. Seriously, it was the cutest thing ever. They came to get me saying,
"Madame, lunch is served,"
in a big fancy accent.
I love it! Check out the flowers, the 2-liter of Dr. Pepper, served in a goblet... A banana? That must have been Bennett's idea. And the solar system placemat? That must have been Owen. Jon even taught them how to make roses out of napkins. I was all teary eyed.
And yes, he took them bowling.
This is the night before Jon left to go home to Washington. Bennett cried when I woke him up to come say goodbye to Jon before church this morning. We already miss him. Like my neighbor, Natalie, said as we watched him chasing the kids around the yard,
"Every kid needs an Uncle Jonny."
So true.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

That is the best ever! I always hate good-bye's too, especially when they are early in the morning.

P.S. What are you doing to the basement?

Jenni said...

Lucky boys.

Julie said...

this has nothing to do with uncle jonny but I just hung a cmas ornament with a baby owen photo on it & it is so FINN with a tinge of Owen in there. It doesn't seem that long ago that he gave that ornament to Liv & now those two are the big kids in our families.

mrs.d said...

Just when I think your family can't get any cooler...

Mrs B said...

Man, that is awesome!!! What a great uncle & what sweet little boys!

Jami said...

How fun is that! Lucky kids!