Thursday, November 18, 2010

Saying Goodbye.

In an earlier post I told of the passing of our sweet Grrr Bessie Lambert on September 21, 2010.  We were able to fly to Bellingham with the Jules Lambert family to attend her funeral.  Here are some photos from the trip.

Everything about traveling was fun to the kids.  From shuttle to elevators to airplanes... it was all a big adventure!
Owen, Jake and Bennett riding the shuttle to meet our outbound plane.

Jason discovered the best mode of transport for the kids through huge airports.    Carry a kid on your carry-on!

The funeral luncheon was lovely thanks to the sisters in Bessie's ward.

Uncle Weston and Uncle Jonny meeting Miss Harper for the first time!

Precious Finn at the cemetery.

Jake and Auntie Heather!

Bennett, Justise and Owen at Saxon Cemetery.

Finn, Jake and cousin Nikolas at Grammy Deb's.

Every child who enters the Lambert family is welcomed with Uncle Jonny's famous balancing trick.  It freaks me out every time.

Playing at Grr Grr's one last time.  This makes me so sad.  This really is the last photo of the kids playing on that rug, by that table, surrounded by all the familiar stuff.  All those things are gone now.

Harper, Jason and Elizabeth on Bessie's front porch.  It is hard to believe we will probably never go back to 2829 Russell Street.

Spending time with Amory.

Spending time at the lake, of course.

Beautiful!


Sad boy outside the Spaghetti Factory in Seattle.

I can't remember why he was sad, but man... he is cute.

Finn's dreams came true getting to ride in a "paypane!"

Such great travelers.  I was very proud.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I enjoyed all your pictures of this trip. They tell a great story all by themselves.

Jeff and Rose said...

I'm glad that you were able to be there to say goodbye. Sorry for the loss...
love you.

Julie said...

I have so much to say. First of all, your photos are gorgeous, miss photographer! "paypane' made me crack up because, seriously, he's so correct. Jakey, all sad; oooo, I want to squeeze him, his cheeks all squished up. The Grandma Bessy house photos make me so sad because I have the same thing in my life & I will hate taking the same photos you took. All the uncle & harper shots... oooh kay. I'll stop. But I really love this post.