Sunday, December 19, 2010

Jr. Grizz

Cue "The Eye of the Tiger" in your head...

Another successful season of Jr. Grizz basketball has come to an end for Bennett and Owen. Guess what? Even though by the end of the season I am ready for it to end, I REALLY love going to their games and watching them as their skills improve week by week. They are so cute. They may not be the stars of the team. Okay, they are definitely not the stars of the team. But I don't care. There are so many great options for kids activities to get involved in and really devote time to. (Too many, really.)  If sports is not their thing, that is totally fine with us. I just want them to have fun, and learn the basics. And they did!




Kudos to Owen's coaches who were utterly brilliant. Owen improved so much and gained so much confidence over the course of the season. He went from never having dribbled before to totally getting after it by his last game. Did I mention that sometimes I bribe my children with money if they shoot the ball? (Double if they make the shot.) Well, let's just say it may not be my finest parenting tactic, but it sure inspired them to play a little harder and be a little braver. Although I did find out that when their Uncle Lee found out I was paying them a dollar a shot, he told them he would pay them a dollar for every technical foul they made. Um. Fortunately, my boys would never dare to even attempt to steal the ball from someone, let alone get a technical, they are far too polite on the court. Sorry.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Yay for Jr. Grizz, or Jazz,which is what Sasha and Seth are doing for the 1st time. Their games start next week.....I am so nervous! Neither have played before and Seth gets mad when he misses a shot and sits on the court. His poor coach......:) Glad it went well for you guys! So cute!!