Sunday, January 9, 2011

Anchors Aweigh

The week before Christmas brought the passing of my Mom's Dad, Wilbur "Stick" McCracken. He had been sick for a few months, and was receiving around the clock care from his daughters. It had been just over a year from the time his wife passed away, and we all rejoiced for their reunion, but those of us left here will really miss him.
The classy, stylish man that is my Grandpa Stick.
Bagpipes and a military tribute made this such a special memorial.

Grandpa Stick was adored by so  many people.




I know he's telling stories on the other side.
We sure do miss you, Grandpa Stick.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Am I really that far removed from your life? I had no idea. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandpa but at the same time I'm sure there is even more joy on the other side. It's not fare when the woman dies before the man. So sad.

Jeff and Rose said...

I'm so sorry. I didn't even know that he wasn't doing well. He was such a neat guy.

Jenni said...

So sorry!