Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Beaver Mountain and Uncle Jonny!

Jon and his girlfriend, Rose, were our guests of honor last week as they came to help with Jake's birthday party.  More about that if you keep reading...

Rose had only been snowboarding once before their trip to Utah.  She did so great!  Jon was a very good teacher, apparently...  She is still smiling here; I am usually crying at this point if Jason's trying to teach me.  Not that he's not a great teacher, but I'm a very lame student.
All our kids were sick while Rose and Jon were here.  Yesterday we found out that Rose is now sick.  Soooooooo sorry!  In this picture, you can see how Harper was feeling:  NOT GOOD.  Man, the custom paint on that Suburban should have cheered her up, right?
Jake is like a machine on the magic carpet ride.  He doesn't care who is watching him, or anything else.  He just rides up and down, up and down.  Time for the big hill for this boy.
And Finn took his first ride down too.  Straight down the mountain to Daddy.  Going way too fast, I might add.  He loved it.  Check him out!  Oh, and yes, he was still wearing his splint from his last broken arm...  I was a little nervous.
I think Bennett and Owen have more fun playing around in the snow than they actually do snowboarding.  They are getting really good, though.  I wish I could keep up with them!  I love seeing them cruise down the hill to meet me- no fear at all.  It's awesome.
Here's our little camp, just as the sun dipped behind Little Beav.  Brrrrr!
On our way home, we had to stop and take pictures of this magnificent snowman that someone built.  It is so awesome, and it's a total mystery as to how they built it!  
Once there was a snowman, tall, tall, tall!  (Finn's fav song.)
Our day in Logan Canyon was totally therapeutic for me.  I absolutely love the drive to Beaver Mountain, passing the snowed over, icy river bottoms and the trails I have cross-country skied on.  Great memories and incredible beauty.  I love living here!
Now, some shenanigans with Uncle Jonny when we got home from church on Sunday:
Belly-button talkers.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

SO VERY JEALOUS!!

Jeff and Rose said...

I kept screaming at you from the balcony of the lodge...you wouldn't even acknowledge that you could hear me.

So by the time you read this...we'll be in a fight.

no, seriously, I was yelling, "BROOKE, LOOK OVER HERE!!!" and then you just wandered off with some strangers...and I couldn't follow you because I can't run in ski boots. You know about my balance issues. ugh.