Sunday, May 15, 2011

UNO

Somehow Harper turned one a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe it. I kind of feel that sense of relief that PHEW! We made it! But at the same time I feel so sad when I pack away her little clothes, and look at newborn photos of her. I knew to expect this with our last baby, but it's just so bittersweet.  Harper is becoming her own little personality in our house...  we all adore her.  I think Jake might love her most of all though.  Really.
Swiss meringue buttercream frosting with real strawberries...  It's great to have a pastry chef living next door!  Thanks, Natalie!

She wouldn't touch it with her hands for awhile...

And then she discovered the true bliss of eating cake with your hands.

mmmmmmm...

Happy girl.

With her new shades which were by far her favorite gift of the day.  Oh, how she loves her sunglasses.

Lounging on mom's legs.

Random, cute picture of Finn.

Sugar and spice and everything nice:  That's what little girls are made of.  (Okay, I don't think it's quite that simple, but OH, how we love this little monkey.)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Please let me do a storyboard collage of these photos for you. I am dying. She is the funniest, most adorable, girl version of Jake. I love her! I love those cupcakes! (and want one.)