Friday, September 14, 2007

Here's to good health!

Yes, it's true! We just found out last weeked that we'll be having a new little family member joining us sometime next May. May sure sounds like a long time away, and believe me, it will be longer for me than anyone. (Except maybe Grandma Katherine who loves babies more than anything on the earth, and can't wait for them to get here safe and sound, and is probably right this second rocking little Porter while Jaime naps.)

But I am excited to have a baby in some warmer weather than we are used to. Oh, and if you are wondering, both Bennett and Owen have assured us that this baby is indeed another brother. Why break tradition?

Despite the wonderful news, this week was not my favorite. I had a nasty flu bug or something that rendered me useless for a few days. Jason was a trooper to get the kids up and ready for school, to school, home from school, etc. etc. etc. while I languished and moaned feebly from bed. He also forced me to drink Gatorade and nibble crackers against my will, kept the kitchen clean, and even mowed the lawn, took the kids to the skate park, and attended a scout meeting. Oh, yeah, and he worked full time (mostly). I'm sure he was mindful that next week is his birthday, and was perhaps earning some extra birthday points... But I don't care why he did it. I am just so lucky to have him to take care of us all.

Kudos to my kids as well, and thanks to sweet Bennett for remembering me in his nightly prayers and for Owen making me a very special macaroni necklace at school which he told me "taked a very long time." And of course to Jake who had to entertain himself for many hours on end to my amazement. What great boys.

3 comments:

Jami said...

YEAH! Congratulations! What is funny is that when I saw the picture of Jamie I thought it was you and you just forgot to mention to me that you were having a baby. Congrats again - you are great mom and they are lucky to have you!
Jami Hodges

Brittney said...

great boys indeed. i'm just glad you're over it. that's the pits. again, congrats on the newest teensy lambert! i can't wait to meet...um...it? ew. sounds awful that way.

Jeff and Rose said...

Holy smokes!
Better you than me...ha.ha.ha. My pregnancy is still too fresh in my mind. I'm still undergoing the hypnotic treatments designed to instill a fog around the entire event.

Guess what you're getting for Christmas?? A really, REALLY big coat. Ha.ha.ha. It's too bad that I am still so big from Jack that I will have to wear mine again this winter...otherwise I would sure love to pass it on. Don't worry, I'll get you some great moon boots to go with your new duds.

Seriously, congratulations. It is great news. xoxo Rosa