Sunday, September 2, 2007

My husband: Garden guru.







It is somewhat embarrassing to me that my husband is more a culinary expert than I am. Here's the latest example: He has been pickling everything we grew in our garden this year. He also made fabulous roasted veggie salsa and plans to make more plum jam this year from our very plum-laden trees. He puts me to shame, but I sure love reaping the benefits of such a handy husband. We'll be stocked all winter!

At least I can say I helped with the awesome garden we have in the backyard! Our neighbor introduced us to the Mittleider method of gardening, and we have enjoyed it so much. Why do we love it so much? It's WEED FREE!

Here are some pictures...

5 comments:

Brittney said...

i'll just comment here for all of them so far: love the pics, the garden harvest looks delish, your boys are as darling (and hilarious) as ever, and i'm glad you joined the blogging bandwagon (i was feeling a little strange by myself, but now i know i'm in good company). just one complaint: where's the update with sweet pics of YOU?!?!!? :)

Tracy Helgeson said...

Well about time I hear from you and nice to see you are entering blogland! Funny to read your recent post, as I just spent the whole day making spaghetti sauce from our homegrown tomatoes. 20lbs = about 9 cups!

Anyway, I can't believe how big the boys are, they sure look active and fun and so I excuse you for not emailing me more often. I remember those days of endless chasing, cleaning, cooking and playing. Hi to Jason and I agree with Brittney, more pics of you! You do look stunning in the one though. As always.

Julie said...

If I didn't know better I would think your days were full of laughter, fun, & enjoyment but since I only live 2 doors up, I know the real truth. Photos always bring out the best moments & let's be honest...those are the ones we really only want to & will remember right? I love your boys. Now I have to do a photo glam shoot of you so you can have a pic of you on your site. Get at the glitter shadow, Aqua Net & bright lipstick.

Andrea said...

I can't believe how grown-up your boys look! everything changes so fast. seeing your and brittney's pictures make me homesick for logan :)

ryan made some new hot sauce, and it puts the old one to shame. i think we'll have to send jason a sample...

Amory said...

Linda introduced me to your blog today. What fun! I miss those boys (and the two of you, too, of course.) Seeing these pictures is a treat. And, speaking of treats -- wish we were there for a salad. I know you described the garden to me, but I still didn't picture such a magnificent expanse. Linda and I remain impressed with how well her one tomato plant is growing ... you have an incredible bounty.