Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cache Valley Food Production Tour




Wednesday we went with Kate and Andy and all the kids on a driving tour of food manufacturers of Northern Utah. First, though, we started out with a stop for dinner at a greasy spoon-typed locals only place, L.D.'s Restaurant in Richmond. It was great. The kids shredded napkins, spilled drinks, played with the fake deer and rabbits display in the window, and surprised us by eating almost all their food. Good job, kids. Then Andy ordered an entire bowl of beets after the waitress wouldn't give him the salad that was supposed to come with his rib dinner. Jason ate "tots" and chili, and Kate and I had burgers. It was delicious, I have to say. Bennett and Owen were dying to play pool until they saw who was hanging out back in the pool room. The patrons that hang out in the back of the restaurant are big, rough looking guys who don't take kindly to strangers. So we left. On to our second stop: Pepperidge Farm, home of the Milano cookie and Goldfish crackers. The kids cleaned out the samples in about 2 seconds. We stocked up on the previously mentioned items, and then headed for our final destination: Casper's Ice Cream. YUM. We all got ice cream, and then Andy surprised us by buying us a HUGE box of Fat Boys, which are made at Casper's along with Casco bars. As you might guess, we were pretty sick after our evening of eating. But it was so fun!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mrs B said...

I'm truly jealous. You guys get to do so many fabulous things! Makes me wish just a little bit that Ty didn't like his job so much so we might consider becoming Cache Vallians. Then Porter could have closer cuzzin friends. Sigh... Now I just sound whiny. Glad you had fun!

Jami said...

What a fun adventure! I've lived there all my life and can't say I've done the tour. Although I do have to say my family members are fans of LD's. Truly a redneck experience isn't it?