Thursday, April 17, 2008

Today I Gained 10 lbs.


Okay, so I've been eating a lot lately. Today was no exception. In fact, I think I ate more today than any other day I can remember. I'm kind of in a carb coma tonight. It's awesome.

My dear friend Becca came up all the way from Cedar Hills to teach me how to make bread. She knows I have great fears of making my own bread, but I really want to do it. She showed me how to make not just bread, but fancy sandwich braids, cinnamon twists and rolls. She also brought gifts: a massive bag of Lehi Roller Mills bread flour, SAF yeast, liquid lecithin, and some kitchen implements to help make my experience a good one. (Did you know a putty knife is a very handy bread cutter?) Seriously, what a great gift. She called it a "baby gift." With my last baby she gave me 2 really nice bras from Victoria's Secret, where she worked at the time. Becca is a great baby-gift giver. So anyway, we had the BEST day together. In under 2 hours Becca had given me quality instruction on baking all these tasty items, as well as making a glaze for the cinnamon twists and the most divine honeybutter for the rolls. Our kids played happily the whole time. Jake ate about 5 popsicles. Kiki ate sand. Bennett begged and begged for Kate to be able to sleep over tonight, and can't wait to see her again.

In the middle of the fun, sweet Aundi came over with onseies for the new little one. It was so fun to see you, Aundi. You are the cutest. Thanks for being my friend, and have fun on the Jersey shore this summer!

So, it was a great day. I just can't believe how much I have eaten, and yet the rolls and honey butter are still calling me... I better just go to bed!

Love you, Becca. Thanks for a WONDERFUL day!

6 comments:

Mrs B said...

Becca is the cutest! Tell her hi. Her kids are beautiful.

Becca Hatch said...

Thanks!! (about my cute kids). Brooke, if you think you are in a carb coma now, don't ever EVER make the knot rolls. They are so delicious that I just can't stop eating them. I wake up in the night thinking about them. I had so much fun. Kate desperately want to play with the boys again. She thought they were tons of fun.

Sarah said...

All these posts about food are making me seriously hungry. Bread is my favorite food. And casco bars...my childhood favorite! Enjoy your last few weeks...

Andrea said...

I love that the last three posts all involved food of some sort. hooray for pregnancy! :)

camas said...

Beck - thanks for teaching Brooke to make these; we're all reaping the benefits of her new knowledge.

Jami said...

Wow! Looks like fun. Now for the truth part....how hard was it really? I too am so intimidated by it all.