Tuesday, September 20, 2011

FORTY!!!!! How did it happen???

Happy birthday to my hubby today.  He left this morning for Baltimore, so we had to celebrate early.  And for several days.  And he deserves it!  Because 40 is kind of a big deal.  I want you to know, if you didn't already, dear reader, that I love my husband.  There is no one like him on this earth.  He is my perfect match, my best friend.  He makes me happy.  He makes me laugh.  He makes me dinner.  He is perfect.  Perfect for me and for our little family, and oh, how lucky I am to have found him.  We are also celebrating our 12th anniversary this weekend, so I'm just full of Jason-love right now.

Black decor, because, you know.
Homemade pizza and breadsticks for the traditional post-mountain bike ride dinner with his biking buddies.
Here are some of the friends who accompanied him on a ride up Green Canyon.  Dallas Arnell, Kirk Earl, and Ross Luzzader are pictured. It poured rain all day, so several people chickened out, but these are some of the tough guys who went for it, only to discover that Green Canyon had hardly been rained on at all.  Jason declared it the perfect ride, and just what the doctor ordered.  He has a real love for Green Canyon.

Miss Maddie Rose (Scott and Mary Darnell's little one) and Harper played Jason a birthday duet.

Yes, I used almost 2 packs of candles and almost burned our house down to light these candles.  Also, please note the variety of root beers littering the table.  Take one down, pass it around...

No smoke alarms went off, so I better check the batteries in all of them. 
The next day we drove to my Mom's to celebrate the September birthdays.  (Have I mentioned how much I love September, by the way?)  Linda had been looking after Jules' kids all weekend, and drove up with them to have dinner with us all and to wish her firstborn child a very happy birthday.  She is so awesome.

Happy fourth birthday, Porter!

Happy birthday to Uncle Tyler!

Alexandra couldn't believe how big Harper has become.  When she first arrived, she asked, "Who is this?" and couldn't believe it was Harper.  

Jason and Bennett attempting to have rhythm.

These boys are such good buddies!

Saying goodbye to Gramma and the Highland Lamberts.

Gabrielle, Harper and Clara.
On Jason's actual birthday we woke the kids up early and took them to Angie's for breakfast before Jason had to leave for Baltimore.  I took a few different pix of them at the table, but this one is my favorite.  There is seriously nowhere Jason would rather be than anywhere we are.  We are so lucky.
Happy birthday, hot husband!  Love you!!!!

1 comment:

Audrey Seymour said...

I love the sweater he's wearing for his birthday "Felt". Did he feel older that day? Was it painful? :)