Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Plain City Mini-Reunion

The day we got back from KOA camping, there was a reunion at Aunt Maureen's house (Grandma and Grandpa Olsen's house) in Plain City.  I was so tired and didn't feel like driving more, but I am so glad I did.  Who did I find there?  Stephanie!  My long-lost cousin who I only see probably once a year.  She was on her way back to the airport when we pulled up, so I only got to see her for about 15 minutes, but I was grateful I caught her in time! I had no idea she was even coming, so I felt really lucky.  I love this girl.
And speaking of girls I love... Here I am with Jenny and Stephanie, the cousins who have also been my roommates.  They were my heroes then, and continue to be so.  Jen lives in Logan, but we rarely see each other.  Lame.  I just love her and her gorgeous children so much.  Love you girls!
Here is Maureen's husband, Richard, showing Harper how to pet the horsey.  She was not comfortable with the situation.
He also taught the kids how to feed a horse without losing a finger.  I have to admit that I am still scared when I feed a horse.
Pretty girls.
I love the standing around and visiting.  I love Maureen's sweet hospitality, always insisting that you eat more food! I love my dad's siblings so much.  They are awesome.
I had to go into Grandpa's meat shop to take a picture of the cooler door.  I can hear the heavy clank of the latch opening now, and the heavy swing of the door.  And I can still smell boxes of apples or -yuck- big old slabs of meat hanging in there.  This place is FULL of memories for me.

My kids running in a grassy field which used to be alfalfa fields where I too ran and played.  (And often got in trouble for trampling down the alfalfa to make huts.)

Look out, horsey!  Owen is so awesome.  He took a series of pictures depicting the attack of this horse by the crocodile coming up from behind.  The horse kicks the crocodile and triumphs in the end.  Owen is such a cool kid- always creating cool things.

2 comments:

Becca Hatch said...

RE: your theme songs. Listening about "Rosie Queen of Corona" brought back such a flood of memories, and I'm getting really emotional about leaving, and long story short Kiki wanted to know if I was crying because "...that horse got eaten by a crocodile." xoxo

Mrs B said...

I just want to know which part of the situation Harper wasn't comfortable with. The horse or Richard? I'd probably say both.... Haha!