Thursday, December 4, 2008

Catching up.

Boy, oh boy, am I behind in my blogging. Yikes. I will try to do a brief catch-up with a few photos of some of our latest adventures. First of all, Finn is almost 7 months old. He has started eating solids, sits up like a champ, loves his brothers, and his own reflection. He has two deadly wicked teeth that look like tiny saws. Two more are coming in on top. FUN FOR ME! Honestly, though, he is the best baby. He is so very charming.
Thanksgiving was delightful.  Jason was busy making a mince-meat pie that morning, complete with a cursive "L" on top.  L is for lovely!  I should also add that he sewed himself a hat the night before, and smoked a turkey with his friend, Todd Strickland.  As he put it, he is running his own home-school home-ec course at our house.  I think it's so cool.  I don't know very many other fellows spending their holidays in such a fashion.
Well, we did it again.  The great Christmas  tree hunt of 2008 was definitely one to be remembered, and hopefully not repeated.  Let's just say we do have a fresh tree in our living room, which our boys think is the tree we cut down in the woods near Cub River.  But it's not.
What better way to bring on the holiday cheer than a trip to see the lights at Temple Square?!  It's a magical place to me.  We had such a good time with Mom, Dad and Cami.  I love my family so much!  I loved watching the nativity story with my boys and remembering how it felt to watch it when I was a kid.  I love it still.  I also loved that it was 50 degrees that night, instead of freezing, as it normally is whenever we go see the lights.  It was delightful!

7 comments:

Julie said...

Is that one of those family shots that you said you hated? You're crazy. It's a great shot of everyone, YOU included! Jason took all of Jared's home ec skills.

Becca Hatch said...

Looks like fun! Maybe Jason and I should have a bake off next time I'm in town. Everybody wins!

Jenni said...

Looks like a great time!!

ChanClan said...

I'm glad your back blogging again. I need to update our's too. Anyhow, loved reading about your Thanksgiving and Christmas tree experience!

I love your most recent photo! Can't wait to someday meet your family and see YOU again!

Unknown said...

Would love to have been there with you.

Megan said...

It is great to "see" your parents again, through pictures! I seriously love your family! :) Tell them I said "HI!".

Here we go! said...

THANKS FOR MAKING US A PART OF THAT SPECIAL NIGHT~!!