Monday, February 9, 2009

Jakie is 3!

One thing is for sure... This kid has cracked us up for 3 years now. Oh wait, there was that several month crying spell that was less comical... But we still loved him through the tears. And now, he is our source of crazy comedy day and night. We had a great time celebrating with him. We had a party at Mom and Dad's, and an impromptu friend party at McDonald's playland today. He got some excellent presents, but probably his favorite was 2 big packs of Hubba Bubba gum from Jade. :)

Birthday boy with his brothers and cousins, Jack and Clara.

These 2 little cuties almost share a birthday! They were born about 8 hours apart. Evelyn was born on February 8th, and Jake arrived around 1 a.m. on February 9th.
Julie and I had hospital rooms next to each other!


Mmmm, he's so scrumptious.


Here we have the world's ugliest cake. It was such a mess. I covered it with powdered sugar to try to mask its ugliness. Then I cropped in so you can't really see it in all its glory. Jason dubbed it poop cake because of its resemblance of a cow-pie. However, it tasted much better than it looked. I got the vintage cake-toppers from a bakery here in town. They were apparently clearing out some oooooold merchandise; I thought it was very cool stuff. I bought a few kits which I will use for very special people's birthday cakes in the future. Look out! Poop cakes coming your way!


Hooray for Wall-E!


Jake and Clara at Grandma Katherine's house.


Mom's delicous Jell-O cake.


Happy birthday, big boy!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so glad that you took that picture of our 2 b-day kids, especially since Evelyn's dress is the same flourescent color as the balloons. I love those kids.

Mrs B said...

Happy birthday, Jakie! He cracks me up every time I see him. Can't help but love him. & this is another reason I sometimes wish I lived in Cache Valley so I could join in the festivities & not sit home eating bread for lunch every day. :)

Megan said...

Oh my sakes, I LOVE the "poop" cake! That made my day! Your childhood is not complete unless you have a poop cake made with love by your mom. Cute boy!

Jami said...

He is so cute! It sounds like he and Hope might be a match made in heaven. How does he feel about older women???

Laura said...

That is the COOLEST cake I've ever seen. Even when you mess stuff up, it alway turns out marvelous. How do you do that?

ChanClan said...

Looks like TOO MUCH FUN! Very cute!