Sunday, February 22, 2009

Red carpet rundown.

Jason is out of town, so I sat and watched the end of the Oscars tonight after putting the kiddies down.  I quite enjoyed it, although sometimes I look at all the money spent on everything there, and get a little queasy. But!  The gowns were lovely, and I guess rich people can throw themselves a big old party if they want to. Here were the highlights for me:  

First:  the musical presentation of Slumdog Millionaire and Wall-e songs.  It was incredible. I liked it as much as I did Radiohead's Grammy performance, which I liked A LOT.

Second:  Kate Winslet's father whistling to her.  (I shed a tear.)

Third:  Spying a moody Edward Cullen over the should of Oscar-nominee Mickey Rourke.  Look out, Mickey!  There is a brooding vampire behind you!!!!!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

i just love you. period.

(oh, and not to make that statement less meaningful or anything, but i'll tell you what else i love: those shades your boys are sporting. hello. sweet.)

Julie said...

I too love that awesome photo of your kids. It could totally have been taken decades ago & still look the same. Sweetness.
I watched a bit of the Oscars too & was pretty annoyed by the whole thing. Why does it bug me that Hollywood throws this huge party for themselves to praise their "good work." AND funny you mentioned that vampire dude because I found his moody glare to be the best part of the whole show (whole show? really I only saw the last 45 minutes, but you know what I mean).