Monday, February 9, 2009

Ski Night at the Beav


We had the best time at Beaver Mountain last Monday night.  Lee, Mom and Dad joined our family for an evening of skiing, snowboarding, and taco soup.  I had never seen my dad ski before then, and he totally rocked.  I've seen Mom ski before a couple of times, and she is awesome too.  My boys were so completely proud of their grandparents. When Bennett told  me they had taken a run with Grandma and Grandpa, I asked if they were good skiers.  Bennett nodded and replied with wide, awe-struck eyes, "Oh, yeah."  Thank you for coming up, Mom and Dad, even though you were not super excited about it at first! (especially when the eeeeextra long skis you were used to were not available because they don't even make them that long anymore!) We had such a great time!  
Did I mention that I skied?  I did, and there were considerably fewer tears shed than on previous downhill winter sports attempts I have made on a snowboard.  I think I might have to give up the dream, and just be a skier.  It's okay.  I just want to be able to get down the mountain with my boys.  Bennett and I took the last run of the night together. We were the last people on the hill; the snowmobile sweep was riding right behind us!  It really was like a dream come true for me to be on the hill with my big boy.  Bennett was adorable.  He uses this kind of deep and manly voice when he's snowboarding.  Like a surfer dude or something. He's so super stoked about his new-found skills!  I'm so proud too.  Both he and Owen are doing awesome.

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

I really want to go skiing with you & mom & dad! I'm bummed that we missed out. Let's plan another one!