Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentiners

Some lovely Valentine's Day blooms from Jason:
I was a Valentine's Day slacker this year. Usually I decorate the house, make heart-shaped pancakes, have little gifts for all the kids... Not this year. I think I may have been burned out from all the birthday partying. But it was a fun day or 2 nonetheless.

One of my favorite things about Valentine's Day is the Valentine's Tea at Bennett's school. It's a long-standing tradition, and the kids absolutely love it. They dress up for the day and rotate through the library for a little snack and drink and a chance to show off their best manners. It's adorable. I got to help again this year.

The kids got new hats for the holday. Here are Jake and Bennett's:
Owen did NOT want his picture taken.
Jason did not disappoint. He is a very thoughtful gift-giver and romantic, so I am a lucky girl. This year he blindfolded me, drove me all around, and took me on a steep hike. I had no idea where we were, but when he took off my blindfold, we were high up on the bench at the mouth of Green Canyon, overlooking the lights of the valley. He then proceeded to light a candle, give me flowers and a card, and then took out his GUITAR, which he had hiked up the hill with us, and serenaded me with a song he had written just for me. I know. He's amazing, and he really makes other guys very mad for doing such things.

We then went to Black Pearl, a new sushi/ Chinese food place in town. It was so delicious. What a great night. Thanks to Kate for watching our kids (including a screaming Finn) all evening. We owe you, sister. I can't believe I didn't take any photos except this one. I was too swept up in the mood of it all, I guess. Not in blogger mode at all. But here is my dinner:
I don't know if you can read these Valentines, but they are awesome. Bennett just started making them on his own one night this week and made them for each one of his classmates. I was so impressed! These are some of my favorites: Tyrel, you are speedey! Austin your smooth. David your the man Dude! Geovanni your cool! Nick you rock! Holly your like a Holly wood star.

2 comments:

Murray Ohana said...

There is nothing better than real homemade valentine's. Bennett is such a sweety. My kids made some this year too, but just for the fam..they weren't as ambitious as your Bennett. Wow! Jason truly is a romantic...you are so lucky!

Julie said...

Jason needs to teach that webinar he was talking about. Jared could really use some of Jason's romantical side.