Sunday, March 15, 2009

St. Patty's Day Party

Jason and I went to see my friends in the Inishfre Irish Dance Co. last night at the Ellen Eccles Theater.  What a treat! It is a St. Patrick's Day tradition, and we were not disappointed.  The music was by Leaping Lulu, and truly was outstanding.  We have friends in the band and in the dance group, and I was struck by what a talented bunch they all are.  Not to mention dedicated.  It takes almost a year to work up to being ready to perform such a show.  Kudos to you, friends! 

I am currently in the ongoing internal debate about whether to start dancing with them this summer or not.  I have some physical limitations, as well as some time limitations right now, but after watching the show, my passion for Irish dance has been renewed!  I have the constant battle that I'm sure most moms do.  How much time do I spend doing something that is just for me?  Or do I dedicate my time to my family now?  I know it is good for my kids to see me pursue something I love.  But Jason and I barely see each other maybe one night a week lately as it is.  I go back and forth all the time.  Hmmmm.  Any advice?  I'd like to think I could just hold off for awhile, and pick it back up when the kids are older, but, HA.  I'm not getting any younger.  My body can barely handle it now!  What to do... What to do...

1 comment:

Becca Hatch said...

Brooke-let: May I just comment on your amazing powers of observation and communication? So many beautiful slash funny slash memorable moments and snapshots in your last few posts. I'm in awe of your skills.